Saturday, March 3, 2007

Spiderman HQ

So . . . birthday talk continues.

The Boy is pretty much sold on having a Spiderman party this year.

My first reaction was "How much more Spiderman stuff does one kid need?" He has Spiderman sheets, pillowcases, blanket, and bedcover. He also has Spiderman tshirts, posters, cars, and little action figures.

He got the Spiderman tent for Christmas from his aunt.



And Spiderman walkie talkies.


Note: He's also wearing Spiderman pajamas.


These were an instant hit, as the tent became The Boy's "Fortress of Solitude" and he immediately distributed one half of his walkie talkie set to a good friend of ours that was visiting us on Christmas night.

I could barely get a word in edgewise with my friend, Judd, without hearing a static-ey hiss followed by a very deep, growly voice commanding my friend to "Report to the Spiderman tent! Over!" BEEP!

Judd was goodnatured, telling "Spiderman" that "I can't come to the tent right this minute, but I am looking out for bad guys in the kitchen!" BEEP!

"Spiderman" upped the ante, and in his best authoritarian voice, beseeched Judd to "Report to the Spiderman tent NOW, or I will cut your head off! Over!" BEEP!

I took the walkie talkie at that point and advised "Spiderman" that Santa would take back the walkie talkies and the tent and everything else he got for Christmas if he heard any more "mean talk". Judd was laughing loud and long, and I handed the walkie talkie back, crossing my fingers that I wouldn't hear any more demands or threats.

Sure enough, within a minute, I heard the static-ey hiss signaling an incoming transmission. Preparing to confiscate the walkie talkies, I was on the edge of my chair, just waiting for him to say the wrong thing.

But no words came.

I wasn't sure at first, but I soon determined that I was hearing faraway giggling and the closer and unmistakeable sound of a very forceful stream of urine hitting the pool of water in the toilet. Pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss BEEP!

Granted, he didn't say anything.

This kid should be a lawyer.

1 comment:

Judd G said...

Again, this is a case where it is hard to catch me speechless, but what does one say to THAT?