Monday, February 26, 2007

Mystery Cloud Hoop-De-Doodle

"Mom, do they have gum and toys on the Mystery Cloud Hoop-De-Doodle?"

The Boy picked up the habit of saying "hoop-de-doodle" recently, and it stands in for most everything he can't recall immediately. Sort of like "doo-hickey", or "thingamajig". Anyway, I can usually figure out what "hoop-de-doodle" means, but in this case, I was stumped.

Visibly aggravated, he said it again. "You know! The Mystery Cloud Hoop-De-Doodle, where you go when you die!"

I finally got it. "You mean heaven!"

Dismissing me with a tone that clearly indicated that his mind had already moved on to greener pastures, he mumbled, "Yeah. Heaven."

I'm pretty sure I like "Mystery Cloud Hoop-De-Doodle" better.

1 comment:

rachael mcconnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.